just a college girl trying to figure out life...follow my adventures as the creator of a handmade accessories line ❤

Thursday, September 13, 2012

M.I.A

I know, I know, I've been M.I.A since May, that officially makes me the absolute worst blogger probably in the history of bloggers! For that, I sincerely apologize. It was very neglectful of me, but in my defense, I really truly just did not have the time. I don't know that I necessarily have the time right now either but it's easier to make time when my main job right now is class. I feel like I mentioned how busy I would be this summer before it hit, but even constantly reminding myself that I was busy did not prepare me for what I had gotten myself into. With 50+ hrs a week at work (some weeks 80+ but I mean who's counting..... I was.... every flipping half hour of it!) plus all my homework, and at least 10 hours a week for my internship I was averaging 5-6 hours of sleep a night for a long time. I literally woke up and drove into work before the sun came up, spent every minute of my breaks including lunch on my homework whether it was for my internship or my class, got home from work just in time for it to start getting dark, and spend the entire time, including dinner, on my laptop doing more homework and working for my internship till I went to sleep. With even my dreams preoccupied by work and nightmares about my internship, my only free time was while I showered. But let's be honest, my showers were either way to fast you wouldn't believe I actually suds up that quick (let's get real, I didn't shave my legs for almost 3 weeks at one point... Yeahh that's my life...and Vince's consequential punishment as having a gross hairy legged gf all summer! Lol!) or I was half a sleep during it. Either way, my whole summer was swallowed up by that thing adults call the real world and I didn't like it one bit! That's fair to say right? I mean how many adults wouldn't want the chance to regress back to being a teenager with no obligations somedays? If you say you wouldn't even I know your lying, and if you're reading my blog, unless your my sister holly, chances are I don't even know you! Lol. So let's cut the crap out, being an adult sucks.

Now that I'm done with my busy summer rant, let talk crochet! And DIY and my personal favorite topic, chelsesMADE ! Now that I'm back to school, even though I haven't settled into my new schedule quite yet, I've been managing to find time to crochet! I just downloaded the blogger iPhone app too so idk where the pictures I just took will end up on this post but bare with my while I try to learn my way around this app as it'll will allow me to start posting much more frequently from the convenience of it. (ps; IPhone users- I've been up and unplugged since 8 something this morning and right now at 11:35pm I have 62% of battery left....and I haven't recharged it at all today....it's a miracle! Lol!) Now that I'm done ADD-ing I will return to the crochet topic at hand 😄 , I bought three skeins of this super soft, amazingly beautiful grey and black yarn and have been crocheting it into things just to ribb it out when I'm done. I don't know why but nothing I make out of this heavenly yarn seems to do it any justice. Plenty of times I have set out with one vision in mind and by the time a piece is done its completely metamorphed into something else. But I have never before spent so much time with something and still not feel like it's making the yarn talk to me. I'm trying to not get frustrated, after all I haven't crocheted in a few months, so my hands and my creative juices are a little rusty. I just hope I can find a way to make a piece as equally as gorgeous as the yarn itself soon cause its killing me.

As far as chelseaMADE I feel some considerable changes of plans may be ahead of the brand yet, but be that as it may, I am bound and determined to have at least some of my products up on some kind of format by October. It'll be a kind of "happy birthday to me" situation by setting this deadline and sticking to it. So if I temporarily disappear, know that this time it is for a just cause, as I try to power through work, homework, classes, internship tennis, theatre rehearsals, household cleaning, while putting up an entire online store and finding time to hopefully create some new pieces and be a good girlfriend in the meantime. Just know that once the store is up you can guarantee I'll want to be posting all the time! Which is a win win for my readers :) ...or at least I hope you all see it that way :)!

For now I just want to say, thank you for baring with me through my not so successful start of this blog as my time management skills are horrible, and for taking the time to read through my rant of this post that is probably way too long. I would also like to request that if any reader knows of anyone else that you think might be interested in my work, or my blog in general, start spreading the word, or hold out till the store URL is posted. Which ever pleases you most! All I can say is I feel like some big things should of been happening right now, and Im not about to miss out on this feeling of urgency. It's time, and I think chelseaMADE is ready to be forced onto the world even if she's a little unprepared at the time being. Come October, big things are gonna happen, and I just can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© chelseaMADE, AllRightsReserved.