just a college girl trying to figure out life...follow my adventures as the creator of a handmade accessories line ❤

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - mustard hat and headband

I can't believe it's Wednesday again already! Its crazy how fast time flies! But I'm still terribly excited, there's only about 2.5 weeks left before I move back home for the summer. It seems so crazy to think that its time for summer again already. Whats even crazier is thinking soon I wont be seeing Vincenso on a daily basis anymore. I'm really going to miss that, the only plus side is that I'll be able to dive full force into the business and really get things rolling before I start working full time again. Anyways, not that I've got all my rambling out of the way, here's this week's WORK IN PROGRESS:

I'm very excited to say that I've already begun a steady list of items to be photographed already. I have a decent amount that needs to be listed on the store, as well as have labels sewn in. To top it all off, I've already finished two projects since the photoshoot, and I'm working on a third :]  The projects I completed this week was a triangle stitch slouch hat in yellow, as well as a headband in yellow, orange and coral.

The yellow slouch hat was more of a test run, I never use to take notes on my patterns at all, and I found a while ago that its rather hard to come back to an item made months ago, when I only made it once or twice and be able to recreate it without a problem. So now, I'm going back and figuring out  my patterns since all of them are my own, and taking notes. The yellow hat didn't come out quite as big as the one I was trying to follow, but I believe that was a hook mix up. I've had issues with that lately, including completely finishing a puff stitch hat entirely, trying it out, and realizing I made a HUGE mistake in hook size. Even Vince knew that, and I didn't listen to him, lol. Big mistake! But I've figured out the hat again, and I've fallen in love with it all over again!

The second completed project was a simple headband using three threads at once, simple single crochet pattern, but I just LOVE the looks of these. I liked them a lot before, but absolutely fell in love at the photo shoot and wanted to make more :] I really love the colors in this.

Now my actual project I am currently working on is a Jellyfish bag! I'm in love already and I only have the bottom done. I really wish I had the time today to do more, but as it is, the work I did get done, was done during class. I just can't wait to see it finished! I don't want to say anything else till its done, because I have plenty of plans for it, but my plans tend to develop into other ones before any project is done with a new pattern. Since I have to be up early tomorrow, I am going to leave it at that! Can't wait for next week! ;]

1 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

© chelseaMADE, AllRightsReserved.