just a college girl trying to figure out life...follow my adventures as the creator of a handmade accessories line ❤

Friday, February 22, 2013

Coffee Date Link Up

This week I wanted to try something new! Alissa from Rags to stitches does this fun weekly coffee date on Fridays. Since I've been trying to update more actively, I thought this would be a good way to introduce a new fun aspect to the blog! I don't know if I will start making this a weekly post, but I think I'll try it out for a few weeks and see how it fits :] What I like the most about it, is getting a chance to just spill my guts with you guys about stuff that doesn't necessarily revolve around the brand and the store, but my everyday life 



This week Alissa's prompt to the coffee date is : "If we were having coffee, what would you tell me?"

So, if we were having coffee this week, I would tell you all, how happy I am to get back into working on the blog. I really do try to keep updated and on task and keep you all posted on everything involved with chelseaMADE, but as lame of an excuse it is, life just tends to get in the way. Its hard on a college schedule where my work load tends to change daily, as well as weekly, and trying to support myself, and work, and get the absolutely best grades I possibly can, to put aside a definite portion of the day to contribute to working on the blog. Lots of times when I do find free time, I'm more focused on trying to use it to create more products since my free time seems to dwindle more everyday. Summers are no different either when you count on spending 56 hours at a minimum at the shooting range working in the sun every week. I don't know how you ladies that are mommies do it and stay on task and keep your blogs going so smoothly! Props to you all! I'm just happy this last week or so I feel like I've been able to work on the blog a lot especially when it comes to learning more about this html stuff!

If we were having coffee this week, I would also say, I have not been anxious about this weekend coming, as it brings a hard week of studying for a bunch of midterms (more tests then the number of classes I'm taking....tell me how that works?!?!) and Vincenso being gone most of the weekend. Of course its nice every once in a while to take time dedicate it to working on stuff for the blog and store and not be tempted to quit and just lounge around with him since we don't have many down days, but nonetheless, I'd still rather have him here with me then at the regional wrestling tournament at Ashland.

If we were having coffee this week, I would probably rant to you about my frustration with my university. Its so discouraging to have worked so hard, and have our class denied the Bachelors of Science we helped bring to our school, and that we've been promised off and on from the beginning. I'm a good student. I work very hard, and I want to learn everything I can to better myself. I want the chance to fulfill  my dreams and go to Wayne State and graduate with a degree in Anatomical Pathology Assistant, and right now the school I've gone $40,000 in debt for is denying myself and my classmates the degree we need to get to the places we want to go. When you're told you'll have certain opportunities through a degree, that you later find out are unobtainable through a Bachelors of Criminal Justice in Forensic Science, its disheartening when you do everything you can and are denied the degree you helped fight to bring over to your university. I just want to have the opportunities I was told I'd have when getting this degree through Tiffin University. Hopefully soon the 2013 class of Forensic Science students and Tiffin University will come to an agreement and we'll be able to receive the Bachelors of Sciences in Forensic Science

Last, but not least, if we were having coffee this week, I'd tell you how nice it was to have some one to spill to, and to catch up. :]

Rags to Stitches Blog

click on Alissa's image ^ to read her coffee date, and the other blogs that are linking up this week :]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© chelseaMADE, AllRightsReserved.