just a college girl trying to figure out life...follow my adventures as the creator of a handmade accessories line ❤

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP- Tori's dinosaur :]


This last week, I worked on a custom order that reminded me once again, why I love crochet. When I get busy, and I'm constantly busy and drained during the summer due to the physical labor and long hours aspect of my job, I forget about crochet. Yes, I hate to admit something that has been such a big part of my life, the longest hobby I've had, (excluding theatre possibly? ) tends to be forgotten for about four months a year. Not because I only crochet fall/winter items, because I crochet much more, but just because I'm too busy and in turn, it feels draining. However, this project brought back love in my heart for crochet, and reminded me that, that little hook and yarn, it can do marvelous things. We started out with a picture of a dinosaur crochet plushie she found online, discussed the possibility of adding a bow tie or a hair bow depending on the sex of the baby, and we waited. Once we found out the sex, sadly, we had to wait for my spring class schedule, and then for my accelerated summer course to end before I could really start the project. I don't make a lot of stuffed animals or plushies, I'm more of a "wearable" crochet project person. That being said, it took me a little longer than it would another crocheter because I had to remember how to curve things and such that I don't typically do, to create a new pattern. 

The final project isn't an exact match, but its still perfectly cute! The adorable touch of a tiny pink hair bow on top makes an awesome addition! I do wish It would of ended up closer to the original shape, but I'm still in love with it! I was definitely sad to see it go so soon! Seeing it sit around on its own four legs for a couple days was a thrill ;]

Needless to say, this project lit a fire in me again, I want to find time to get more stuff for the summer done so I can list some items for the warmer months up in the store. First however, I need to do some major work in my "studio" so I actually have room to work. Maybe my update next week will involve a pretty studio, in stead of my room in boxes like its been the last four years. Wish me luck :]


post signature





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© chelseaMADE, AllRightsReserved.